In this article I am going to talk about using forums to generate traffic to your squeeze page. Also I want to suggest ways that you can use forum marketing so that you don’t get distracted.
Forums are a great place full of enthusiastic people who want to interact and share. There are so many forums now that you will find a good one in any niche area.
As an internet marketer you can use forums to build peoples awareness of your business and brand and also build valuable relationships.
To use a forum effectively for marketing purposes you need to add value. Everything you do must be for the benefit of those in the forum so that you are seen as knowledgeable and helpful.
Most forums allow you to have a signature link where you can promote your business. This is the place where you can add a link to your squeeze page and offer something valuable and helpful to people on the forum.
This enables you to build your email list with targeted prospects – people who are interested in your niche topic and if you continue to add value you will find that they become loyal followers and repeat buyers.
However, one of the downsides of using forum marketing is that it is so easy to get distracted while interacting in the forum itself.
Have you ever spent hours in a forum and at the end you realise that you didn’t actually provide any value yourself? All you did was read and read! You got distracted and hooked into the discussions going on.
This is exactly what you must not let happen – although it is the very situation that you yourself should create for others in the forum. Provide such interesting posts and threads that people get hooked!
This is what I recommend you do if you want to use forums for marketing your business and are struggling to stay focused.
- Decide to add 10 valuable comments or posts to the forum. It is better to use a specific number of posts rather than set a time limit because time can pass by distraction whereas if you know you have to add 10 posts then you will not get distracted so easily.
- Look at the threads in the forum and pin point the 10 that you can add value to.
- Open up all threads in a new window so that you have 10 windows open.
- Now go through each one adding your helpful comment.
- Shut down the window when you have completed your comment and work on the next.
- Eventually all 10 windows will be closed and you can then move on and do the next task which might be product creation.
Doing it this way really helps to keep you focused.